Taking the time to make important decisions about your funeral in advance may be one of the most considerate and caring things you do for your loved ones. Nothing else can do as much to ease their minds, spare them emotional and financial stress or comfort them in their time of greatest grief.
The term pre-arrangement and advanced planning are commonly used interchangeably. Both mean the same thing…making funeral plans in advance.
Regardless of your reasons for pre-arrangement, you will have the peace of mind of knowing that your funeral is already planned and adequate funds will be available to complete them.
Benefits of Pre-Arrangement
- You can make your decisions ahead of time in an unhurried, calm and well-informed fashion.
- If you have very specific preferences for your funeral, your loved ones will know and understand your wishes. No one will have to guess. No one will disagree.
- If no one else will be available to plan your funeral, or if no one else is capable of making responsible decisions, you can complete the plans yourself in advance of need.
- You may fund your pre-arranged funeral in advance, relieving others of future financial responsibility.
- You may purchase your funeral services and merchandise at today’s prices and avoid future increases in prices or inflation.
How to Pre-Arrange Your Funeral
Scott Olson, our advanced planning director, will meet with you at a convenient time to help you pre-arrange your funeral. He will explain all of your options, and you may choose everything you want for your funeral: the type of funeral service, casket, burial vault, music and flowers. Your funeral director will review all of the costs of your selections with you, using the Colonial Funeral Home Life’s Passages Portfolio. Once you have finalized your selections, Scott will explain all of the available payment options, and Colonial Funeral Home will keep your pre-arrangement plans safely on file until your time of need.